Howdy y'all! (hmmmm not sure where the country accent came from...oh well)
So here we are, our third and final blog tour stop this month! Today on the blog we're featuring the ABSOLUTELY AWESOME author Tiffany King and the conclusion to her Saving Angels trilogy, The Ascended. If you haven't read any of this series...well what are you waiting for? Because all three books are SUPER FABULOUS! Alright so enough of the gushing and onto the meat and potatoes of the post today. First up we have an interview with the ever-so-wonderful Mrs. King:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
In the mountains with good wi-fi, plenty of food, and of course my family.
2. What compelled you to sit down and write?
The desire to give my daughter a love story she would fall in love with compelled me to write my first words.
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
A cat for sure. A pampered one is a must. Plenty of food and naps galore J
4. If you were stranded on a desert island and you knew you would never leave, what celebrity would you want to be stranded with? (Don’t worry we won’t tell your hubby) LOL!
Ugh this question looks like a trap but I guess I’m game. Okay, I’m sure this answer will get me plenty of looks but I would say Kevin James. He might not be eye-candy but he is flipping hilarious and at the end of the day that’s what I love the most.
5. If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for? (And no you can’t wish for more wishes…shame on you for even thinking of that, hahaha!)
2) Family love
3) World peace (hehe what?? This could be like a pageant).
6. What character in your book are you most like, and why?
I’m a Krista and Sam combo. Throw me in roomful of strangers and I frantically look for an exit. Throw me in a roomful of people I know and I’m just a regular jokester J
7. What made you write a book about angels?
I figured if I was going to write paranormal I should write about what interest me the most.
8. Do you believe in angels?
Heck yeah I do. I believe in the other guys too, eeek.
9. What is the wildest thing you have ever done?
Write a book. The desire came out of nowhere and clung to me like a wild beast.
10. If the world was infected by a zombie plague, would you want to have been turned into a zombie early on, or fight and be a human survivor with an uncertain future?
Human survivor all the way, as long as I get to carry a nifty ax with me.
11. What is your favorite scary movie of all time?
The Sixth Sense and Seven. Both movies had ending that made me go “Holy Crap-i-Nolie.”
12. Why do you like Twilight?
It’s a fabulous romance story that pulls you in and yet was clean enough to let my daughter read when she was younger. Stephanie Meyers reawakened my love for YA books and for that the Twilight Series will always top my list of favorites.
13. Can you keep a secret?
Hell to the no. I would like to say yes but um nope hubby knows every secret I’ve ever been told J And yes if you’re wondering I try to peek at my presents early too.
14. Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Hahaha I’m a parlor trick, at first I’m super introvert but stick around long enough and you will see I’m an extrovert beneath the surface.
15. What is your view of our world today?
I’m a glass-half-full kind of girl, so I feel things may look bad right now but there is still plenty of good to be found if you only take the time to look for it.
16. How would you classify yourself, geek or chic?
Um nuts, neither. I wish I was chic but can’t seem to find the desire to be a shoe horse or fashion guru and I’m just not smart enough to be geek J
17. Paper or plastic?
Recycle bags all the way baby.
Thanks guys your questions were terrific.
And now for a mini-review (spoiler free as always) from the C. in C.A. Kunz! Carol, what did you think of The third and final book in the Saving Angels Trilogy? In one word...AWESOME! But if you'd like a more in depth review, here ya go:
So I guess if you're reading this, you probably want to know what I thought of Tiffany King's new novel, The Ascended. Well if you don’t already know, I’m going to remind you that I’m not a professional reviewer, or an awesome blogger, I’m just a mom whose passion is reading (and now of course I dabble in writing too). I was honored to have received Tiffany’s first novel in the Saving Angels Trilogy last April when we met her at our first book signing event. Meant To Be was a wonderful (5 star) read and I quickly bonded with the characters, which is important to me when I read any book. If I don’t bond with them, unfortunately I lose interest really quickly. This was definitely not the case with her first novel. When I downloaded Forgotten Souls, her second book in the series, it was wonderful to reconnect with old friends. I hated to tell Tiffany, but Forgotten Souls was my favorite, at that time. I was relieved that she also felt that it was her favorite too. Now that I just finished The Ascended, I can honestly say that I shed a tear at the end when I realized that the story would not continue and my old friends would be no more. Tiffany has developed a wonderful tale, filled with awesome characters, and a plot that keeps you entertained from page one until the last. Did I tell you I love Angels? Well I do and Tiffany’s series fulfilled that love. I suppose I should to tell you about the story, but I don’t do that. Just believe me when I tell you to take the plunge into this world Tiffany has created, I think you will thoroughly enjoy it! FIVE STARS TO THE ENTIRE SAVING ANGELS TRILOGY!
So, if you'd like to stalk...err we mean follow Tiffany, here are a few links that will help you out:
And if you want to read/check out Tiffany's The Saving Angels Series (and why you wouldn't is beyond us, hahaha) you can find the first two books here:
Meant to Be
So, now here's some great info on how you can win some truly AMAZING prizes during the rest of the tour:
1) Regular Prizes: Every 3 days, Tiffany will pull the names of people that have left comments on the previous 3 blogs and will do a random drawing for an ebook of one of The Saving Angels books. Over the course of the 24 day blog hop 8 ebooks will be given out.
2) Grand Prizes (woot woot): For every person that leaves a comment on one of the blogs they will be entered in to win a signed poster of one of Tiffany's book covers. 3 posters in all will be given out (one of each of the book covers). Tiffany will also be giving away a signed set of all three books so you will have 4 different chances to win a grand prize. Extra entries will be given out for every blog you leave a comment on, so if you visit all 24 blogs you will have 24 entries into the grand prize drawing (eek).
Easy peasy right?? She can’t wait to see you guys at the different stops. Listed below are links to all the remaining blogs on The Ascended Blog Tour, so make sure you stop on by these wonderful blogs:
December 22nd Teenage Reader http://teenagereader.com/
December 23rd Secret Lives of Fiction Lovers http://secretlivesoffictionlovers.wordpress.com
December 24th Michelle Muto http://michellemuto.wordpress.com
December 25th Christmas Day
December 26th Amy Jones http://amyjonesyaff.blogspot.com/
December 27th Fisher Amelie http://www.fisheramelie.com/
December 28th John Harden http://incessantdroningofaboredwriter.wordpress.com/
December 29th Sean Hayden http://www.seanhayden.org/